Asia LPG Summit
What is the News?
- India’s success story on ‘Ujjwala’ and other policy interventions that have significantly helped expand the usage of LPG as a safe cooking fuel will be a major talking point as delegates from across the globe come together in the national capital to take part in the 2nd edition of the Asia LPG Summit.
- The summit is being organized by the World LPG Association (WLPGA) in association with major Indian public-sector oil companies (OMCs) Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum, and Bharat Petroleum.
Objectives of the summit
- The primary goal of the Association is to add value to the sector by driving premium demand for LPG, while also promoting compliance to good business and safety practices.
- The summit will offer a unique opportunity to the global LPG industry to interact with development agencies, NGOs and non-profit organizations who have facilitated last-mile access to LPG for the beneficiaries.
- It will also bring together academia and private sector to exchange their views on the use of LPG.
World LPG Association
- It is the authoritative global voice for the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) industry and the worldwide industry association which represents the interests of the LPG industry globally. The WLPGA promotes the use of LPG to foster a cleaner, healthier and more prosperous world.
- The WLPGA brings together over 250 private and public companies operating in more than 125 countries involved in one, several or all activities of the industry ; develops long-term partnerships with international organisations ; and implements projects on local and global scales.
- The WLPGA was officially granted Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council in 1989.