Commerce and Accountancy Paper – II UPSC Mains Syllabus
Organisation Theory and Behaviour, Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations Organisation Theory and Behaviour
1. Organisation Theory: Nature and Concept of Organisation;
- External Environment of Organizations -Technological, Social, Political, Economical and Legal;
- Organizational Goals – Primary and Secondary goals, Single and Multiple Goals; Management by Objectives.
- Evolution of Organisation Theory: Classical, Neo-classical and Systems Approach.
- Modern Concepts of Organisation Theory: Organisational Design, Organisational Structure and Organisational Culture.
- Organisational Design–Basic Challenges; Differentiation and Integration Process; Centralization and Decentralization Process; Standardization / Formalization and Mutual Adjustment.
- Coordinating Formal and Informal Organizations. Mechanistic and Organic Structures. Designing Organizational structures–Authority and Control; Line and Staff Functions, Specialization and Coordination.
- Types of Organization Structure –Functional. Matrix Structure, Project Structure.
- Nature and Basis of Power , Sources of Power, Power Structure and Politics.
- Impact of Information Technology on Organizational Design and Structure. Managing Organizational Culture.
2. Organisation Behaviour: Meaning and Concept; Individual in organizations: Personality, Theories, and Determinants;
- Perception – Meaning and Process.
- Motivation: Concepts, Theories and Applications.
- Leadership-Theories and Styles.
- Quality of Work Life (QWL): Meaning and its impact on Performance, Ways of its Enhancement.
- Quality Circles (QC) – Meaning and their Importance.
- Management of Conflicts in Organizations.
- Transactional Analysis, Organizational Effectiveness, Management of Change.
- Human Resources Management and Industrial Relations
1. Human Resources Management (HRM): Meaning, Nature and Scope of HRM,
- Human Resource Planning, Job Analysis, Job Description, Job Specification, Recruitment Process, Selection Process, Orientation and Placement,
- Training and Development Process,
- Performance Appraisal and 360° Feed Back,
- Salary and Wage Administration, Job Evaluation, Employee Welfare, Promotions, Transfers and Separations.
2. Industrial Relations (IR): Meaning, Nature, Importance and Scope of IR, Formation of Trade Unions, Trade Union Legislation, Trade Union Movement in India.
- Recognition of Trade Unions, Problems of Trade Unions in India.
- Impact of Liberalization on Trade Union Movement.
- Nature of Industrial Disputes : Strikes and Lockouts , Causes of Disputes, Prevention and Settlement of Disputes.
- Worker’s Participation in Management: Philosophy, Rationale, Present Day Status and Future Prospects. Adjudication and Collective Bargaining.
- Industrial Relations in Public Enterprises, Absenteeism and Labour Turnover in Indian Industries and their Causes and Remedies. ILO and its Functions.