KALIA Scheme of Odisha
What is the news?
- Beneficiaries who have enrolled under the Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) scheme in the first phase will receive monetary assistance by January 26.
Salient Features of the Scheme
- As per the scheme, an amount of Rs. 10,000 per family at the rate of Rs. 5,000 each for Kharif and Rabi seasons shall be provided as financial assistance for taking up cultivation.
- The scheme, among others, will particularly benefit scheduled caste and scheduled tribe households.
- Deserving families will be identified and selected by gram panchayats.
- About 10 lakh households will be covered over two years.
For landless labourers
- The scheme also has a component for livelihood support for landless households.
- The landless households will have the option of selecting any of the units.
- Ten lakh landless households will be supported with a unit cost of Rs. 12,500 to take up activities like:
- goat rearing units, mini layer units, duckery units, fishery kits for fishermen and women, mushroom cultivation and bee keeping.
- The scheme also include life insurance cover of Rs. 2 lakh and additional personal accident cover of Rs. 2 lakh will be provided to both cultivators and landless agriculture labourers covering about 74 lakh households.
- It will assist the elderly, sick and differently-abled populationwho are unable to take up cultivation, by providing Rs 10,000 per household per year.