PM’s Vision on Mobility in India
Mobility is a key driver of the economy. Better mobility reduces the burden of travel and transportation, and can boost economic growth. It is already a major employer and can create the next generation of jobs.
PM’s vision for the future of mobility in India is based on 7 C’s: Common, Connected, Convenient, Congestion-free, Charged, Clean, Cutting-edge.
1. Common Public Transport must be the cornerstone of our mobility initiatives. New business models driven by digitization, are reinventing the existing paradigm. Our focus must also go beyond cars, to other vehicles such as scooters and rickshaws.
2. Connected mobility implies integration of geographies as well as modes of transport. The Internet-enabled Connected Sharing Economy is emerging as the fulcrum of mobility. We must leverage the full potential for vehicle pooling to improve private vehicle utilization.
3. Clean Mobility powered by Clean Energy is our most powerful weapon in our fight against Climate Change. This means a pollution-free clean drive, leading to clean air and better living standards for our people. We should champion the idea of ‘clean kilometres’.
4. Charged mobility is the way forward. We want to drive investments across the value chain from batteries to smart charging to Electric Vehicle manufacturing. India’s entrepreneurs & manufacturers are now poised to develop and deploy break-through battery technology.
5. Convenient mobility means safe, affordable and accessible for all sections of the society. This includes the elderly, the women and the specially abled. We need to ensure that public transport is preferred to private modes of travel.
Indeed, India is on the MOVE:Our economy is on the MOVE. We are the world’s fastest growing major economy. Our cities and towns are on the MOVE. We are building 100 smart cities Our infrastructure is on the MOVE. We are speedily building roads, airports, rail lines & ports.
Our youth are on the MOVE. We are fast emerging as the start-up hub of the world. India is MOVING ahead with new energy, urgency and purpose.
Our goods are on the MOVE. GST has helped us rationalize supply chains & warehouse networks.
Our reforms are on the MOVE. We have made India an easier place to do business.
p style=”text-align: justify;”>Our lives are on the MOVE. Families are getting homes, toilets, LPG cylinders, bank accounts & loans.