The important features and highlights of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY):-
- Health Insurance cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
- Around 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families whose name appears in the SECC-2011 Data are eligible. There is no cap on family size and age.
- States are given the flexibility to decide the mode of implementation.
- Benefits will be portable across the country.
- Around 85% of rural families and 60% of urban families have already been identified.
- It will be 100% digital and advanced method of health facility.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) will be launched on September 23, 2018 at Ranchi, Jharkhand,