1.“Neither Alexander the Great nor Napoleon could have won the empire of India by starting from Pondicherry as a base and contending with a power which held Bengal and command of the Sea.” Comment. [200 words] 12.5 Marks
- The demand for the Tebhaga Peasant Movement in Bengal was for: [CSE (PRE)-2013]
1. the reduction of the share of the landlords from one-half of the crop to one-third
2 the grant of ownership of land to peasants as they were the actual cultivators of the land
3. the uprooting of Zamindari system and the end of serfdom
4. writing off all peasant debts
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Which of the following statement(s) are correct about the functions of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
1.Regulating the business in stock exchanges and any other securities markets
2.Protecting the rights of investors and ensuring safety to their investment, thereby,prevent fraudulent and malpractices by having balance between self-regulation of business and its statutory regulations.
3.Issuing notes of all denominations and regulate money market and money supply .
a. 1 & 2
b. 2 & 3
c. 1 & 3
d. 1, 2 & 3
- Akash Missile was developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) as part of the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme. Which of the following statements are correct regarding Akash Missile?
1. It is an indigenous missile.
2.It is a medium-range, mobile, surface-to-air missile defense system
3.It is a multi-target, multi-directional, all weather air-defense system and can provide air defense missile coverage for an area of 2,000 square kilometers.
a.1 & 2
b.2 & 3
c.1 & 3
d.1, 2 & 3
Prepared by :
Note: Comment your answers in Comment Box. We will also upload answers of above questions. You can check and evaluate your progress with our answers.