1. “Annexation of Punjab was part of a broad north-west frontier policy set in motion after the exit of Maharaja Ranjit Singh.” Critically examine. [200 words] 12.5 Marks.
1. The people of India agitated against the arrival of Simon Commission because: [PRE-2013]
(a) Indians never wanted the review of the working of the Act of 1919
(b) Simon Commission recommended the abolition of Dyarchy (Diarchy) in the Provinces
(c) there was no Indian member in the Simon Commission
(d) the Simon Commission suggested the partition of the country
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS
1. Which of the following statements(s) is/are correct about the Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA) workers:
1. ASHA will be a health activist in the community who will create awareness on health and its social determinants and mobilise the community towards local health planning and increased utilisation and accountability of the existing health services.
2. ASHA will provide information to the community on determinants of health such as nutrition, basic sanitation & hygienic practices, healthy living and working conditions, information on existing health services and the need for timely utilisation of health & family welfare services.
3. AWWs shall share the information relating to births that took place during the month with the Panchayat Secretary/Gram Sabha Sewak/ANM whoever has been notified as Registrar/Sub Registrar of Births & Deaths in her village.
(a) 1 & 3
(b) 2 & 3
(c) 1 & 2
(d) 1, 2 &3
2. Consider the following statement regarding ‘e-Sahaj’ portal.
1. It allows private companies to apply for security clearance from anywhere over Internet.
2. a healthy balance between meeting the imperatives of national security and facilitating ease of doing business and promoting investment in the country
3. It comes under the purview of Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Which of the following statement(s) is/are correct?
(a) 1 & 3
(b) 1 & 2
(c) 1 only
(d) 2 & 3
Prepared by :
Note: Comment your answers in Comment Box. We will also upload answers of above questions. You can check and evaluate your progress with our answers.