Sevottam Model is combination of SEWA + UTTAM, means, uttam sewa i.e. excellence in services. It helps Government Departments towards assessing and improving the quality of service delivery to citizens.
It has basically three modules –
- Citizen Charter,
- Public Grievance Redress Mechanism and
- Service Delivery Capability.
Seven Steps in Sevottam Model
The model prescribes seven steps:
- Define services and identify clients.
- Set standards and norms for each service.
- Develop capability to meet the set standards.
- Perform to achieve the standards.
- Monitor performance against the set standards.
- Evaluate impact through an independent mechanism.
- Continuous improvement based on monitoring and evaluation.
Seven Quality Management Principles of Sevottam Model
The seven principles are
- Customer focus
- Engagement of people
- Process approach
- Evidence-based decision making
- Relationship management